Crazy January Challenge (2011)
From the mind of Minna – Introducing the Crazy January Challenge of 2011.
The rules are simple:
- Start stitching a new design every day, from January 1st to January 15th. So by January 15th you have 15 new WIPs to stitch!
- Try and finish everything you started stitching during the year 2011
- Show photos in your blog if you have one, in January and during the whole year while you stitch, as we all love to see photos!
- If you wish to join, leave a comment with your blog address into this post and Minna will add your name to the list.
- Have fun stitching!
I’m actually going to use this as an excuse to start 15 pieces which I designed myself, so I can display them as models on my Kincavel Krosses design blog. Perhaps that’s a little narcissistic of me, but as I designed each of my own charts for my own pleasure, and wouldn’t post them for public use if I didn’t like them myself, this is the perfect prompt for me to actually stitch some of the ones I’d like to have around my own home.
- Snowflake Bookmark
- Ho Ho Ho Christmas Assisi Sampler
- Oh, Christmas Tree!
- Welcome Sampler
- Bog Off Subversive Sampler
- Winter Quaker Bookmark
- 2011 Band Sampler
- Quoth the raven…
- Hot Chocolate – Liquid Heaven
- Tea For 2
- Thanks a Latte
- Espresso Yourself
- Oh, Bugger Subversive Sampler
- Quaker Bookmark
- Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder Sampler
Basket of Biscornu Challenge (2010)
When I returned to cross stitching in February 2009, I wanted to start with very small projects to ease myself back into it. In this way, I hoped I would not get bored as I would see progress very quickly and would have a finished product with which to reward myself after a short time.
One of the little joys I discovered during this reintroduction was the biscornu – a little eight-sided cushion – which could be used as a pin cushion or a decoration. I had never even heard of them before and just had to give it a try. I quickly found that they are rather addictive and once you’ve made one, you want to make another, and another, and another…
So in 2010 I will take part in the Basket of Biscornu challenge. Each month I will make one biscornu decoration and in December I will have twelve of them which I can then hang on my Christmas Tree.
Click on each month to be taken to the post with all the details and photographs:
- January (cross stitch)
- February (blackwork)
- March (beaded)
- April (6-faced)
- May (biscofleur)
- June (specialty stitches)