Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
For a while we sat in silence, then he said softly, “We’ve buried him. Is there anything you’d like to do?”
– page 164, Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
After the police left, we realized Clay, Nick and Antonio were gone. Had it just been Clay or even Clay and Nick, we would have worried. Since Antonio had gone with them, though, we knew they weren’t planning any impromptu revenge in Bear Valley.
– page 256, Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
I’m cheating a little this week, as I’ve already made Teaser Tuesday posts on both my current reads (Innocent Traitor and No Sanctuary), so instead, these two teasers come from the first book in one of my favourite series.
Bitten is the first in the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong and features a strong, feisty female in the lead – Eleanor Michaels – who just happens to be the only female werewolf in the world. It’s a brilliant start to an excellent series and I heartily recommend it (and the rest of the books) to anyone who likes supernatural/paranormal fiction. Hell, I recommend it even if you don’t usually like the genre, as it’s so firmly set in reality that you often forget there’s a supernatural element to it – you just accept that there are werewolves and that’s that.
Pick it up, have a read, and then rush out to buy the rest of the series!