Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I was standing over John Reed with a stake in my hand. Oh, the power it inspired!
– page 27, Jane Slayre by Charlotte Bronte and Sherri Browning Erwin
Reader, I could no longer stay behind the library door. For my own safety, keeping hidden would have been the wisest choice, but something larger than concern for myself seemed to thrum, nay to pound, in my veins. I heard, or imagined, Helen encouraging me, telling me to stand beside Miss Temple in her rebellion.
– page 95, Jane Slayre by Charlotte Bronte and Sherri Browning Erwin
Anyone who knows me knows I love mash-up novels, especially when it involves a classic merged with something supernatural! Jane Slayre is my latest foray into the classic/horror mash-up genre and I’m about half way through. It has so far remained largely faithful to the spirit of the original while still adding the supernatural element, almost seamlessly, into proceedings.
If you love Jane Eyre (as I do) and also love vampires, you could do a lot worse than getting hold of this novel. It will certainly bring a smile to your face at the very least, and will make you laugh as well as cry at all the right moments…