Each Saturday, I will feature either something I’m currently stitching, something I’ve just finished stitching, or something I’ve just designed. I hope you’ll all join me in displaying some of your own work and leaving a link to your post in the comments below.
This year I took part in the Needlecraft Haven Advent Exchange for the first time. The idea is that we send a fellow stitcher a package containing a gift for each day of December up to and including Christmas Day. They don’t all have to be stitchy gifts – just something you think your recipient would like. We all dutifully completed a list of likes and dislikes to help our senders decide what should go into the packages, then we start gathering together our little gifts and wrapping them so that there is one to open each day.
My recipient was Jaclyn in Bolton, and this is what I sent to her…
- A cute hedgehog ornament
- A wooden picture frame
- Red wired band, bobbin winder and metallic gold thread
- Assorted pastel cards
- A pack of charming charms
- Scented threads for scentsational stitching
- Pretty miniature magnetic frames
- A manicure kit
- A stitchable bag
- Think Pink embroidery scissors
- A bookmark designed and stitched by me (Quaker Bookmark)
- A pair of pens
- A pretty rose quartz keyring
- Assorted pink ribbons
- A tin of Altoids (the tin can be finished with stitching after the mints are finished!)
- Seed beads in festive colours
- Butterfly Post-its
- Decorative epoxy metal braiding
- A trio of festive decorations stitched by me
- Assorted embroidery threads
- A trio of festive frames
- A beaded embroidered purse
- Milk chocolate caramels
- A cute kitty diary
- Everything needed to stitch Lizzie Kate’s “Stitching Forever”
- 28-count cashel linen
- hand-dyed floss
- gold-plated needles
I really hope Jaclyn enjoys her gifts! I know she’s especially like the last one as it’s directly from her wish list. Many of the others were specifically mentioned on her list of likes and dislikes (gold-plated needles, scissors, etc) but others still were just items I thought might appeal to her. Let’s hope I was right!
I really enjoyed taking part in the Advent Exchange and plan to do it again next year.