Each Saturday, I will feature either something I’m currently stitching, something I’ve just finished stitching, or something I’ve just designed. I hope you’ll all join me in displaying some of your own work and leaving a link to your post in the comments below.
Over at Cross Stitch Forum, we celebrate Stashmas* on 1st December each year. Last year I was the assistant in organising this exchange, this year I was flying solo, so I changed things about a little to make things simpler. It meant everyone knew who would be sending their Stashmas gift to them, but it also meant it was much smoother in the running as everything was out in the open.
This year I was sending a gift to Dave in Northamptonshire. Dave likes blackwork, animals, and all things Egyptian so this is what I sent to him:
- A blackwork butterfly kit
- A miniature Tutankhamun miniature kit
- A pair of Fiskars scissors
- A card stitched by me
My gift was sent to me by Agi in Sweden, and this is what I received:
- A stunningly beautiful stitched bookmark
- Five incredibly pretty flosses
- Gorgeous hand-dyed fabirc (green – my favourite!) and some lovely little silver beads (two of which aer butterflies)
- A cute little frame with heart aperture and an equally cute magnet
I’m blown away by my gift – I absolutely love it! Thank you, Agi! I can hardly wait to use them…
*Stashmas is a non-denominational stitching celebration where the members of Cross Stitch Forum send one another a stitchy gift of a value up to £10. It is in no way related to Christmas or any other religious holiday – it’s just a fun time for us to send and receive something lovely and stitchy!