Hosted by I’m a Reader, Not a Writer
If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
It would be one of the following:
- The SAHM Memoirs or Confessions of a Yummy Mummy (for my life now)
- Stitched Up! (For my cross stitch designing)
- The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Losing (Working at William Hills – a bookies)
- Dressing Room Dramas (From my acting days)
- The Office Offensive (I worked at the local council in the CE’s office, and spent time plotting many ingenious ways of murdering my more annoying colleagues using ofice implements)
If you could have a signed copy of any novel what would it be and why?
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. It’s one of my all-time favourite novels by an author who is no longer with us. Imagine how wonderful it would be to have an autographed copy with a personal message! Can someone please invent a time machine so I can get that?
Horror or Romance?
Horror – I’ve never really been a romance reader.
If you could choose only one time period and place to live, when and where would you live and why?
Really, I’m rather pleased I live NOW as not so very long ago I would have been burned as a Witch! If I had to choose a different historical period though, it would be one of three:
- Ancient Rome – I just find that whole era so exciting. It has politics, war, invention, everything!
- Tudor England – just don’t let Henry VIII take a fancy to me, please! And don’t let Mary burn me as a heretic. And don’t let Elizabeth chop my block off either…
- Regency England – I think I’d just really love to have tea with Jane Austen, to be honest.
Do you prefer a bunch of small gifts or one big expensive one?
Either – I just love that someone has cared enough to put some thought into something I’d like. It doesn’t need to be expensive, just thoughtful. Honestly, I’m elated if someone buys me a pretty pen and notebook, or a novel I’ve thought of reading, or some pretty cross stitch fabric and threads. Even a daisy picked by my son puts a smile on my face!