Hosted by Should Be Reading
Are you currently collecting any authors? Why?
Do you have all of their books? If not, why not?
Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there? Have you actually read all of the collection? If not, why not?
There are certain authors I collect in my permanent collection and I try to get all their books in hardback (just because they’re more hard-wearing and often look prettier, and if I’m keeping a book, I want it to look as lovely as possible!). I tend to pick them up as they’re published after reading the first few which may have been published prior to my finding them. I read all of them (at least ,those within the series I collect), often more than once and I like to read them as soon as possible after publication as I can manage (sometimes I wait till a birthday or Christmas after publication as people are always asking for gift ideas for me!).
The authors who make up the bulk of my permanent collection are:
- Kelley Armstrong – Women of the Otherworld series
- Brom – all his illustrated novels
- Christopher Brookmyre – all his novels
- Philippa Gregory – Tudor novels and Cousins’ War series
- Stuart MacBride – Logan McRae series and additional novels
- Terry Pratchett – Discworld Series
- Simon Scarrow – Romans series and Revolutions series
- Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell – The Edge Chronicles