Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Thanking fate that Goel hadn’t called for his men, I searched his pack. I found brass knuckles, a small whip, a black club, an assortment of knives, a gag, manacles, keys and my camouflage material.
– page 79, Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
I had believed that the only thing Cahil wanted from me was information about Ixia. This invitation might still be a ploy, but for the first time I saw a softness behind his eyes.
– page 159, Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
This is the second in the Study trilogy by Maria V. Snyder (starting with Poison Study and ending with Fire Study), following the fate of Yelena Zaltana. I enjoyed the first book back in 2009, when I picked up a copy for £1 in a shop. I spotted the second one in the library and remembered how good Poison Study was, so I thought I’d pick this one up and continue the story to see if it was as good. I’m not very far in, but so far, it’s promising to live up to my expectations, so I’ll most likely get hold of the third one from the library too when I next go.