Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The wounded men had been gathered up and they clasped an arm around a comrade’s shoulder as they limped painfully along the centre of the formation. Only the dead still lay in the street.
– page 105, The Legion by Simon Scarrow
With a ripping noise the blade came free and the Arab stumbled back, winded and bleeding. He glared at Macro, raised his shield and sword and fought to recover his breath. Then he attacked again.
– page 230, The Legion by Simon Scarrow
This is the tenth in Simon Scarrow‘s Roman series (also known as the Cato series) and everything just keeps getting more and more exciting! Scarrow is adept at plunging his readers right into the thick of things, bringing the sights, sounds and smells of life in the Roman army sharply to life .Both these snippets are from further on than I’ve read (I opened the book and chose at random where it fell open), and it’s got me even more excited about what’s coming!