Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
She was a marionette with cut strings, folded and crumpled, her face nothing but a pink and purple mulch blackened at the edges, a Halloween mask melted by a slow flame. In one eye, a tiny slip of white was visible.
– page 43, Absolution by Caro Ramsay
The foyer of Lorna Shaw’s block of flats was that mix of dark blue and white that Costello associated with the old fish shop in Paisley Road West her mother used to drag her into, with the smell of kippers and damp sawdust. The carpet of the hall was blue, the plaster on the walls was blue, and in the corner stood a blue wrought iron stand housing plants that had dehydrated a long time ago.
– page 206, Absolution by Caro Ramsay
I only started reading this novel last night, so I’ve passed the first teaser, but not yet reached the second. So far it’s a pretty good read and I think I’m going to enjoy this crime thriller set in Glasgow. It’s Ramsay’s debut novel but it reads like it’s written by a seasoned author, so I expect good things from this author in the future.