Chopped mixed nuts
Cinnamon (ground or sticks)
Chocolate wafer sticks
(Whatever you like, really – let your imagination run riot!)
- Grate a small amount of the chocolate and keep to one side
- Gently heat the milk in a pan (don’t let it boil or burn!)
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over pan of hot water
- Pour the heated milk into the melted chocolate and whisk
- Add whichever toppings you fancy and sprinkle the grated chocolate on top`
There you go – couldn’t be easier or tastier if you tried!
This is my favourite curl-up-on-the-sofa-with-a-good-book drink in the winter. You can make it with any kind of chocolate, although if you use very dark chocolate (i.e. above 70%), you might like to add a little sugar. You can easily double-up the ingredients to make 2 cups or increase appropriately for more…
It’s indulgent, but it’s SUCH a treat!