Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Contrary to his infallibly “honest” image, Abe wasn’t above lying so long as it served a noble purpose. This was a chance he’d ached for those four long years. The chance to test his skills. His tools. The chance to feel the exhilaration of watching a vampire fade away at his feet. Seeing the fear in its eyes.
- page 63, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
It had been another simple errand, another name on Henry’s list. But this place was different. Extraordinary. Abe was on his knees, certain he’d stumbled into some kind of vampire hive.
- page 163, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
“Gentlemen,” I said at last, “I wish to speak to you this evening about vampires.”
- page 269, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
I’ve just finished reading this remarkable alternative biography of Abraham Lincoln, which is a fascinating mix of fact and fiction – or is it perhaps the true story after all? I’m pleased to say I enjoyed every moment of it and can highly recommend it to all fans of alternative histories and mash-ups, as well as those who enjoy vampires in a more down-to-earth kind of setting, or even just those who enjoy a bit of a giggle. It’s very cleverly done and written in such a way that you could almost believe every word of it is true…